Cambodia is a famous tourist destination of Southeast Asia, attracting visitors from all over the world by the ancient ruins as Angkor Wat and Angkor Thom, natural beauty as the Tonle Sap and Mekong rivers and, along with the beaches, beautiful islands like Sihanoukville, Koh Rong Salem… Don’t miss Cambodia Travel Tips below from GoAsiaDayTrip:
1. Cambodia Travel Tips – Transportation:
Cambodia Travel Tips – You can choose to move to Cambodia by plane. However, if you travel Cambodia after visiting Vietnam, you would choose to travel by bus from Saigon, this also brings an unforgettable experience and save lots of money.
From Saigon, many carmakers as Mekong Express, Mai Linh, Sapaco or some of Cambodia carmakers so it is very convenient for moving. You can follow the journey of Saigon – Phnom Penh and Saigon – Siem Reap.
If you move from Hanoi, there are direct flights available from Hanoi to Phnom Penh or Siem Reap.
You can also prepare your airport transfer to your hotel here.
In Cambodia, there are not many taxis, if you want to travel sightseeing by taxi then you should ask the hotel to contact daily with the agreed price. Tuk Tuk is quite convenient to move here with cheap price, you can also rent a bicycle or motorbike, but no matter you travel by any means of transportation, you should prepare the map in advance.
In Phnom Penh you should not travel by motorbike after midnight, Siem Riep has better security with travel police around. Although hiring a motorbike can help you explore more of Cambodia, taxi or tuk tuk is still a safer option because of traffic in major cities like Phnom Penh quite crowded and dangerous.
Moving to some major cities in Cambodia by bus is the most affordable option. Traveling from Phnom Penh to Siem Riep cost only 6-10$.
The currency in Cambodia is Riel, but for convenient visitors should prepare odd USD as many stores, markets… in Cambodia accept USD. Visitors can also exchange money to Riel at the border gate area. Tourists can also use Vietnamese currency in Phnom Penh.
1 USD = 4000 Riel.
3. Sightseeing in Phompenh
Phnom Penh is the capital of the Kingdom of Cambodia, one of the most important destinations that you should not miss when visiting Cambodia. The peaceful capital will welcome you with splendid palace, grave pagodas, and bustling night markets…
Traveling Cambodia is a wonderful experience for Buddhists, who are interested in exploring the ruins of the past as well as the tourists fascinated by the wild beauty of creation.
4. Famous attractions in Phnom Penh
- Royal Palace and Silver Pagoda are the most popular attraction in Phnom Penh.
- Wat Phnom Pagoda
- National Museum of Cambodia
- Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum
- The Killing Fields where the Khmer Rouge executed many innocent people
- Wat Botum Pagoda where Pol – pot lived in his childhood.
- Independence Monuments
- Sisowath Quay Riverside Area: with many bars, cafes, shops …
- For visitors who prefer branded clothes, Russian market is the destination not to be missed on a trip to Cambodia. Phnom Penh is by far the place where many factories producing clothing for big brands like Levis, CK, Ralph Lauren …, the samples are usually smuggled out in this market with very attractive prices.
Check out Cambodia’s cuisine HERE.